Monday, 25th November 2019 -
Thursday, 6th of December
11 nights/12 days.
Dehli & Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur & Rawla Narlai in Rajasthan, India
Cost: $4,500 (USD) p/p twin share room
or $5.500 (USD) p/p private room
With Designer, Writer, Retreat Leader and Creative - Jo Brittles
Incredible, inspiring, colourful India has long been a hearts dream of mine to visit, immerse myself in and explore in the most decadent and indulgent of ways.
I finally and very excitedly, invite YOU to come with me!
This magic retreat to Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, Udaipur & Narlai in Rajasthan has been a year in the making and as I lock down and finesse the final, beautiful details, I am so excited to not only be immersing myself in the splendor and chaos of incredible India, but I am overwhelmed and so excited to host an incredible group to join me on this sojourn of a lifetime!
I source and have sourced many products from India for my business. Some of my very first suppliers were from Mumbai and Jaipur and are now dear friends.
But this retreat, is not just about sourcing. Yes, it will be a retreat that is a textile lovers nirvana! But it will also be a full immersion of culinary delight, a true stay, cradled by the opulence of India and a boutique, thoughtfully curated retreat for the body, mind and soul.
If my Moroccan Retreats have taught me anything, it's that the finer details, become the most important, when we're a world away from all that we know.
Yes we want a cultural experience!
Yes, we want colour!
Yes, we want all of the magnificent Indian hand made textiles and hand crafted goods, a celebration and homage to the history, culture and creativity of this incredible country. But I'm a creative and this retreat had to be visually beautiful, an offering of complete immersion for every one of our senses.
To be awed and inspired and moved so deeply by these beautiful people, their heritage, their history, their lives, their creativity, their culture and their confronting, vibrant, beautiful country!
To see India, not as a typical traveler in just another group, traipsing roads well traveled that will soon be forgotten...
But to have the opportunity to drown in the enchanting wanderlust that India will gift us. To be awed by the magic of this culture and its architecture, the rich tapestry of it's history and spirituality and the magnificent palaces and sites that are thousands of years old.
To be spiritually enlivened and awakened to the incessant heartbeat of India's old soulful song, leaves me utterly breathless.
To indulge in the delicacies, the culinary delights, the breathtaking beauty and to feel and fall into the overwhelm and the discomfort, all the while, knowing that we are so tenderly and thoroughly cared for and looked after.
This thoughtfully curated, truly opulent Indian sojourn will have limited spots as we dive into the beauty of this country and all that it has to offer.
My friends, as always, I have poured my heart and soul into the finer details of this itinerary and retreat, to be able to see the Taj Mahal at the break of day, will be something that plays across my soul until the end of time.
This will be Mother India as you have never imagined her before. And you may never want to return from the majesty and beauty that we will experience!
But I can promise you this, to hold the hand of a kindred spirit as your soul sets flight on a long held dream, in a far away exotic land - is exactly why I curate these magnificent retreat experiences!
There is nothing in the world like it and it is a privilege and a great honor when I am joined by open-hearted, beautiful spirits, who are so ready to drink from the nectar of life and have the fabric of their being altered forever.
And so it is.
Incredible India! We're coming for you! I just wish we could see more of you in our 11 days in your magnificent country!
Namaste my friends (I bow to the divine in you!)
NOTE : SPOTS SELL QUICKLY AND SPACES ARE STRICTLY LIMITED.
- Accommodation at beautiful hotels and heritage properties throughout our stay.
- Breakfast each day
- 5 Lunches
- 10 Dinners (amazing locations and restaurants, see full itinerary with links below)
- Magnificent vegetarian options and availability all throughout our stay.
- Tours/Experiences/Stays/Excursions throughout India/Magnificent Dinners/Boat Rides/Cooking Classes/Textile Tours
- Bustling market tours and guidance (ATM's, currency exchange tour)
- A two night stay at the magnificent Rawla Narlai
- A cooking class that will leave your senses rejoicing!
- A beautiful boat ride on Pichola Lake, Udaipur at sunset
- An opulent thousand lantern step well dinner that will blow your mind at Rawla Narlai
- Stunning lunches and dinners in the restaurants and on the rooftops of some of the best dining experiences Jaipur & Udaipur have to offer.
- Air conditioned, 5 star private van transportation throughout our stay.
- All internal flights.
- Airport Transfers to and from accomodation throughout our stay.
Whilst we will do and see all of these amazing things together, those who choose to accompany me, will have full, unrestricted access to me at all times throughout our stay in India. Creatively, professionally and as a woman who knows how to dream big! I will be right with you, exploring and being inspired myself all over again, every step of the way!
- Airfares (Please book these from wherever in the world you are)
- Travel insurance
- Tips for drivers, tour guides and those who assist us throughout our stay
- Alcohol when we dine out. Not everywhere offers alcohol in India, but if and when we do dine in a restaurant that offers alcohol, please be ready to cover the purchase.
With the help of a private local guide, who grew up in India, I have spent time putting together a truly beautiful and soulful adventure for the body, mind and spirit. I am a creative, so to have each of my senses stimulated by this incredible city is what I am looking forward to the most! To be immersed in and inspired by the beauty and then, to tuck it all into my heart and bring my experiences with each of you, back here to my home and unload all of that sublime energy into my work.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING FOR YOUR INFORMATION :
- Private rooms have a Queen or King sized bed for one person at each of the places we are staying
- Shared rooms, if coming with a friend or family member, will always have two beds in the room (You do not need to share a bed with anyone)
- We will have drivers and vans for the duration of our time in India.
- All internal flights and transfers are covered with your trip fee.
- Most stores take credit cards, we will have a tour of ATM's and currency exchanges in Delhi on our first day, so you are able to change or get funds out if necessary. (We will do this everywhere we go, so please don't panic)
- DHL or FEDEX'ing items you buy, home again is relatively easy through the merchants we purchase off! Most merchants have an international freight account and routinely ship worldwide.
- Once you have secured your spot by paying a deposit or paying in full, you will receive a full information pack email from me, as we get closer to our retreat date, that will give you a breakdown of things to know, what to pack, what to wear and weather expectations throughout our stay. (I am a lifelong OVERPACKER, so this time I'm determined to do it much smarter! haha) I'll also give you some tips on cultural appropriateness whilst we're in this magical, chaotic part of the world. And leave LOTS of space in your suitcase for your purchases at the markets!
- As we will be in a large group, we will always be safe. India is an overwhelming, chaotic, confronting but incredibly beautiful country. Just like when you travel anywhere, we must always be aware of our surroundings and travel to the markets and monuments with others, as much as possible. Our Indian guide will be with us every step of the way and we will be a large group of heart travelers, so you will never be left behind or alone.
- You can secure your spot with a DEPOSIT to ensure you don't miss out (CODE AT CHECKOUT IS : deposit) the other half is payable by October 4th, 2019.
- I hope you can join us on this colourful, chaotic and beautiful adventure of a lifetime!
YOUR INDULGENT 11-DAY ITINERARY
Monday 25th November 2019
- Arrival in Delhi with airport transfers provided
- Please try to arrive around midday if possible from wherever in the world you're coming from.
- Welcome to JP Siddharth Delhi Hotel with drinks, nibbles and you will be shown to your rooms.
- Once everyone has arrived, we will have a group meet and greet and an itinerary review of what's to come for our stay
- Bring your bathers! We can have a relaxing afternoon/evening swimming at the hotel, sharing drinks and getting to know one another before our adventure in India begins
- We will have a group dinner together to end our very first night in Delhi.
Tuesday 26th November 2019
- Breakfast together at our JP Siddharth Delhi Hotel
- The busy, overwhelming and bustling Chandni Chowk Markets! (brace yourselves! We're diving right in!)
- In the heart of Old Delhi, Chandni Chowk is a busy shopping area with markets full of spices, dried fruit, silver jewelry and vivid, vibrant saris, while the narrow side streets are crowded with tiny shops selling essential oils, stationery and traditional Indian sweets.
- We will immerse ourselves in Kinrai Bazaar (get ready to barter and shop!)
- Lunch can be purchased while we're out seeing the sights.
- We will then visit the beautiful Jama Masjid Mosque, one of the largest mosque's in India. It is one holy place that is deeply revered by the city people and tourists alike. Jama Masjid Mosque proudly stands as a symbol of love where cultures have blended so beautfully. This is not just a place of worship for muslims, people of all beliefs come to this holy place to offer up prayers.
- Dinner together as a group, to gather, share stories and de-brief about our wild, confronting, incredible day in Delhi!
Wednesday 27th November 2019
- Leisurely breakfast together at our JP Siddharth Delhi Hotel
- We are off to Agra in air conditioned private cars (this journey takes around 3.5 hours)
- Lunch will be available for purchase on our journey to Agra.
- We will be staying at the Oberi Trident Hotel Agra for 1 night.
- We will visit the beautiful structure and architecture of the Agra Fort.
- We will take in the magnificent Taj Mahal as the sun sets on her majesty.
- A quick Pietra Dura workshop (magnificent marble inlay, the art of Agra)
- Dinner together as a group to finish off a beautiful day in Agra.
Thursday 28th November 2019
- Sunrise visit to the Taj Mahal, to capture her majesty at the break of day
- Breakfast together at our Oberi Trident Hotel
- We will then set off in our private cars for the Pink City of Jaipur!
- Lunch can be purcased on the way to Jaipur.
- We will be staying for 4 glorious nights at Hotel Diggi Palace Jaipur - a Heritage Hotel in the Pink City of Jaipur
- Jaipur is the city of arts and crafts, textiles and handmade everything! And we will be doing it all!
- On our first night in Jaipur, we will enjoy dinner as a group at our home, Diggi Palace.
Friday 29th November 2019
- A leisurely breakfast together at Diggi Palace.
- Today we'll visit the very instagramable and breathtakingly beautiful Palaces in Jaipur - the incredible doorways are world renowned for their artistry, design and are beyond stunning!
- We will stop for a bite to eat and drinks at the stunning Bar Palladio - another design lovers dream to be seen in magnificent Jaipur.
- An afternoon at the markets, for more shopping and to see the jaw dropping crafts and beautiful offerings of Jaipur.
- Dinner together in Jaipur at La Palma.
Saturday 30th November 2019
- A leisurely breakfast together at Diggi Palace
- Today is a day of learning and adventure about the magnificent city of Jaipur
- We will have an authentic Thali cooking lesson and we will eat for lunch what we have made.
- We will go on a textiles tour and get a block printing breakdown directly for the artisans themselves
- I am excited for the miniature mughal painting workshop and to be able to buy more of these stunning pieces for my own home!
- A henna experience with the talented artisans of Jaipur to end our day!
- We will have dinner together tonight at the fantastic Peacock Rooftop Restaurant (Magnificent vegetarian offerings like much of India)
Sunday 1st December 2019
- A leisurely breakfast together at Diggi Palace
- Today is our final day in magnificent Jaipur!
- We will spend much of it at the markets, shopping, textile sourcing and experiencing the beauty of this incredible city.
- We will have a late lunch together at the Jaipor Cafe a beautiful eatery in Jaipur, renowned for their delicious food. (vegetarian included!)
- A visit to Panna Meena Ki Baori ancient step well.
- Our final night together will be spent together relaxing and sharing dinner and drinks and downloading on our 4 nights and busy, magnificent days in Jaipur.
Monday 2nd of December 2019
- A leisurely last breakfast together at Diggi Palace
- Today we fly to Udaipur! The Venice of India!
- Upon arrival, we will be taken to our home for 2 nights at the beautiful Lake Pichola Hotel
- Lunch will be available to be purchased in Udaipur.
- We will enjoy a sunset boat ride along Lake Pichola
- Followed by an Indian cultural dance show at Baghore Ki Haveli
- Dinner at the magnificent Khamma Ghani Rooftop Restaurant
Tuesday 3rd of December 2019
- A leisurely breakfast together at our home in Udaipur, Pichola Lake Hotel
- Today we'll take in the local markets, shopping HELLO!
- We will purchase lunch while we're out in Udaipur.
- The pretty Garden of Maidens, Udaipur
- Walking tour through Udaipur to see the magnificent sites of Venice of India!
- Dinner together on the garden terrace overlooking Lake Pichola at the incredible Sheesha Mahal Udaipur.
Wednesday 4th of December 2019
- A leisurely last breakfast together at our home in Udaipur, Pichola Lake Hotel
- Today we set off via private vans, for the magnificent and utterly breathtaking Rawla Narlai in the Pali, Rajasthan Mountains
- Upon arrival we will have lunch and can retire to our rooms to relax.
- You may use the amenities (pool, spa, massages) at your leisure and upon availability.
- Dinner and wine together on the Terrace, under the stars at Rawla Narlai as the priests from the local temple, sing the prayers.
Thursday 5th of December 2019
- A leisurely breakfast together at the beautiful Rawla Narlai.
- For today you can book a trek up Elephant Hill to catch the views of the surrounding Rajasthan countryside and mountains.
- Or you can simply relax and indulge in the many and various spa/massage and beauty treatments on offer, on site at Rawla Narlai
- Swimming of course, is always on offer.
- Lunch will be had by the pool at Rawla Narlai.
- In the afternoon, for those interested, I will host a workshop on 'Manifestation Activation' and how I got to live the life of my dreams, in every way - with a heavy focus on you living a bigger, bolder and far more beautiful life and achieving the dreams you have set out for yourselves. Whether in business, creative pursuits or your personal life. You will come away feeling bolder, braver and far more powerful than you can even imagine!
- Tonight we will enjoy our final night together with an utterly magnificent step well dinner and drinks by the light of a thousand lanterns, with Indian musicians playing for us at sunset.
- A truly memorable and once in a lifetime experience. We will be taken to the step well dinner by Ox Cart, the way the Maharaja must have been back in the day and entertained with traditional, spiritual Rajasthani music and feast on magnificent Rajasthani cuisine. I can't think of a more beautiful and spiritually uplifting way to end our adventure in India.
Thursday 6th of December 2019
- Departure day!
- We will share breakfast together at Rawla Narlai and make our way back to Udaipur.
- From Udaipur, we will each fly out to either Mumbai or Delhi - depending on your departure airport back home.
PLEASE NOTE : SHARED ROOMS MUST BE BOOKED IF YOU INTEND ON TRAVELING WITH A COMPANION.
IF YOU ARE COMING ALONE, PLEASE BOOK THE PRIVATE ROOM FOR YOURSELF.
All of our accomodation for the duration of our stay is truly magnificent!
From a body, mind and soul perspective, I have created an itinerary that reflects creativity, warmth, care, adventure and beauty in every outing, each stay and every last detail and I couldn't be more excited to take this next journey with you!
Are there payment plans?
Yes. You can pay an initial payment of 50% using the reservation link below to secure your place. At checkout, use the coupon code 'deposit' to only pay half now. The second and final 50% payment must be made on or before Friday, 7th of February 2020.
Do you offer refunds?
There are no refunds for this retreat due to the planning and logistics involved. When you register, be sure to know all you can about traveling to Morocco. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
What is our destination airport?
Book your flights to Delhi International Airport. We recommend you book your flight time to arrive as close to midday local time as possible, so we can arrange transportation for you.
How much money should I bring for spending?
That is totally personal and depends on how much shopping you plan to do. ATM's are available and credit cards are taken at the major retailers. Also keep in mind, that most meals and drinks are covered in the retreat package.
Are all rooms shared?
We always strive to have some private, single occupancy rooms available, but book early as they sell very quickly! You can book your private single room at checkout.
I've never been to India. Will I like it?
I ask you to approach this trip with a sense of adventure in your heart, along with the knowledge that I have prepared the most beautiful and inspiring stay for us all. This will be a journey for the mind, body and soul and we will be taking it, together!
Spots are limited and this exclusive trip of a lifetime will sell out fast! If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me!
I cannot wait to share the sights and sounds of Incredible Mother India with you!