WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 30TH, 2019 - WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 6TH 2019
Cost: $3,750 (USD) p/p twin share room
or $4,750 (USD) p/p private room
Beautiful, wild, layered, busy, utterly gorgeous Marrakech, a place that has undoubtedly seduced everyone who has ever ventured there!
Lying on the crossroads between Europe and Africa, Morocco beckons you to a world where the exotic becomes commonplace.
Stylist, designer, writer, curator, creator and visual poet Jo Brittles of La Boheme ~House of The Wishing Trees, invites you to join her on the journey of a lifetime!
I invite you to come with me on a fully immersive adventure in this glorious country, to experience the energetic shifts forced by the beauty and the ruins! Morocco changes you on a soul level, with it's warmth, its people and its welcome. You will leave this country, enlivened, inspired and enriched by its offerings.
In 2019, due to popular demand, I am holding a second retreat! 7 blissful days have transformed into my MEET ME IN MOROCCO tour, we are headed to the magnificent Atlas Mountains and the sea side of Essaouria for a 7-day long retreat of beauty, discovery and cultural exploration, bursting with immense inspiration - this retreat has exclusively limited spots.
As your host, it was a dream to venture to Morocco and see the bustling, intoxicating sites, to immerse myself in the colourful commonplace, to exist amongst the locals and to explore this beautiful city with a full, open and creative spirit.
I had many lessons and learnings on my first retreat and I came back impassioned and determined to do it very differently moving forward. My intention is that we are able to fully appreciate and immerse ourselves in the beauty. Be welcomed and looked after on this adventure abroad and be cradled by the spirit of the Moroccan people in the essence it is always intended.
Instead of going back alone, I want to, once again, be joined by a group of inspiring, open-hearted, creative souls!
To see and experience Marrakesh as a group of creatives, to be inspired by it's immense beauty, to awaken the spirit and enliven the soul. A summit of creatives. A getaway of a lifetime. Join me and work alongside me for 7 days of positivity, adventure and enlightenment as we welcome the immersive experience of transforming energy, into beauty.
This is also an exceptional opportunity to network, form fast friendships and lifetime business relationships. And I want to share it all with you!
Our March 2019 La Boheme Retreat Group had the time of their lives! As did I!
I want that for you too!
NOTE : SPOTS SELL QUICKLY AND SPACES ARE STRICTLY LIMITED.
- Accommodation at two beautiful Riads for the duration of your stay
- Marrakech retreat stay at the beautiful Riad Matham and neighboring Dar Kleta
- Breakfast each day
- 3 Lunches
- 7 Dinners (amazing locations and restaurants, see full itinerary with links below)
- Beldi Country Club Afternoon
- Marjorelle Gardens/YSL
- Bustling medina tour and guidance (ATM's, currency exchange tour)
- An Atlas mountains Ourika day trip.
- A cooking class that will leave your senses rejoicing!
- An Essaouria seaside overnight stay at the awe inspiring Salut Maroc!
- Camel rides on the beach at sunset in Essaouria
- Stunning dinners on the rooftops of the most magnificent Riads and restaurants
- Van transportation throughout (many places are within easy walking distance)
- Airport Transfers
Whilst we will do and see all of these amazing things together, those who choose to accompany me, will have full, unrestricted access to me at all times throughout our stay in Marrakesh. Creatively, professionally and as a woman who knows how to dream big! I will be right with you, exploring and being inspired myself all over again, every step of the way!
- Airfares (Please book these from wherever in the world you are)
- Travel insurance
- Tips for drivers, tour guides and those who assist us throughout our stay
- Alcohol when we dine out. Not everywhere offers alcohol in Morocco, but if and when we do dine in a restaurant that offers alcohol, please be ready to cover the purchase.
- Costs for any additional tours, cooking classes, hammams or excursions you would like to do in your own free time (you will have some allocated free time throughout our stay and you are welcome to do whatever you choose with this time. I will always be available to spend time with the group or individuals, should you choose to venture to the medina with me, dinner, drinks or soulful discussions about all things important in the world over wine!
With the help of locals who know Marrakesh incredibly well, I have spent time putting together a truly beautiful and soulful adventure for the body, mind and spirit. I am a creative, so to have each of my senses stimulated by this incredible city is what I am looking forward to the most! To be immersed in and inspired by the beauty and then, to tuck it all into my heart and bring my experiences with each of you, back here to my home and unload all of that sublime energy into my work.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING FOR YOUR INFORMATION :
- Private rooms have a Queen or King sized bed for one person at each of the places we are staying
- Shared rooms, if coming with a friend or family member, will always have two beds in the room (You do not need to share a bed with anyone)
- We will have drivers and vans for our overnight trips away and any tours away from Marrakech.
- Our accomodation in Marrakech, is just a 4 minute walk to the hustle and bustle of the Marrakech souks! (SHOPPING!)
- Traditional hammam experiences (full body scrubs in a sauna room, followed by a massage) are available at every accomodation we will be staying at, so you are able to book and have this experience at any time throughout our 7 day stay
- Our accomodation in Marrakech will offer an in-house, private shopping experience, as well as sourcing from local, wholesale merchants in the Medina
- Most stores take credit cards, we will have a tour of ATM's and currency exchanges in our area on our first day, so you are able to change or get funds out if necessary.
- DHL or FEDEX'ing items you buy, home again is relatively easy through the merchants we purchase off! To ship from Morocco, without a DHL account can be very expensive, but most merchants have one and routinely ship worldwide.
- Once you have secured your spot by paying a deposit or paying in full, you will receive a full information pack email from me, as we get closer to our retreat date, that will give you a breakdown of things to know, what to pack, what to wear and weather expectations throughout our stay. (I OVERPACKED last time, so this time I'm determined to do it much smarter! haha) I'll also give you some tips on cultural appropriateness whilst we're in this magical part of the world.
- As we will be in a large group, we will always be safe. Morocco is an overwhelming and incredibly beautiful country. Just like when you travel anywhere, we must always be aware of our surroundings and travel to the souks with others, as much as possible. On my last trip, I didn't once feel unsafe whilst I was out and about in Morocco and you won't either. We have a team of beautiful, locals who will be looking after us completely throughout our stay.
- You can secure your spot with a DEPOSIT to ensure you don't miss out (CODE AT CHECKOUT IS : deposit) the other half is payable by August 20th, 2020 prior to our retreat commencing.
- I hope you can join us on this adventure of a lifetime!
YOUR INDULGENT 7-DAY ITINERARY - TO BE CONFIRMED
Wednesday October 30th
- Arrival at Marrakech in the afternoon with airport transfers provided
- Welcome with Moroccan mint tea, nibbles and pastries
- A tour of the beautiful Riad Matham and Dar Kleta by our host Julien
- A group meet and greet and an itinerary review of what's to come for our stay
- Welcome dinner and wine on the roof terrace at Riad Matham
Thursday October 31st
- Breakfast at the beautiful Riad Matham as a group
- A half day guided medina/old city tour
- A lengthy lunch on the beautiful rooftop at Kasbah Cafe
- Free afternoon souk shopping
- Tapas dinner/nibble platters & wine on Riad Matham's rooftop
Friday November 1st
- Breakfast at the beautiful Riad Matham as a group
- A Marjorelle Gardens/YSL tour - this is a beautiful experience and the love Yves St Laurent had for Marrakech is truly inspiring. (There is a shop on site dedicated to Yves St Laurent which is beautiful)
- We can grab a light lunch at the beautiful cafe at Marjorelle Gardens - a beautiful courtyard bistro where we can share experiences and a light lunch together as a group.
- Free afternoon souk shopping
- Magical dinner on the rooftop at Le Fondouk - this is an incredible, decadent experience that I cannot wait to share with you!
Saturday November 2nd
- Early Breakfast at Riad Matham
- Overnight trip to Essaouira - where our drivers will stop at the beautiful Argan Oil Women’s Cooperative to stock up on product!
- Arrival at the magnificent Salut Maroc! This place will not only visually knock your socks off, but inspire you to a level you never thought you could reach! An incredible place!
- Free afternoon souk shopping in the markets by the seaside
- 1 hour sunset camel ride on the beach
- A magnificent Moroccan dinner on the rooftop of the beautiful Salut Maroc, overlooking to ocean.
Sunday November 3rd
- A leisurely breakfast at the magnificent Salut Maroc!
- A return to Essaouria’s souks/beachside harbour (free morning to shop up a storm and grab lunch wherever you would like)
- Return to Marrakech with our drivers in the afternoon
- Dinner upon arrival at Riad Matham
Monday November 4th
- Breakfast together at Riad Matham
- Cooking class day! (we will get to eat what we have made for lunch!)
- An afternoon with my secret suppliers throughout Marrakech! And some serious souk shopping!
- Meet up for dinner as a group on the rooftop at Nomad Restaurant t sunset
Tuesday November 5th
- Breakfast at Riad Matham for our last day together!
- A day for hammam, shopping and tending to last minute purchases and DHL requests for all your goodies to get home.
- A magnificent farewell dinner on the rooftop of the stunning El Fenn.
Wednesday November 6th
- Breakfast at Riad Matham
- Departure day (transfers arranged to Menara, Marrakech airport)
PLEASE NOTE : SHARED ROOMS MUST BE BOOKED IF YOU INTEND ON TRAVELING WITH A COMPANION.
IF YOU ARE COMING ALONE, PLEASE BOOK THE PRIVATE ROOM FOR YOURSELF.
All of our accomodation for the duration of our stay is truly magnificent!
It was so important to me that for La Boheme's 2020 Moroccan Retreat that we are thoroughly looked after, welcomed and taken care of in every way possible for the duration of our stay.
The beautiful Riad Matham and the neighbouring Dar Kleta for our Marrakech stay, the breathtaking Kasbah Bab in Ourika for our Atlas Mountains overnight (2 day) trip and the magnificent and inspiring Salut Maroc in Essaouria for our overnight stay (2 days) are all so different to one another and visually extraordinary! They will be magnificent stays and I am already in love with each one of them.
From a creative and soul perspective, they are each so visually inspiring and I already know that we will be welcomed and taken care of like we're family by all three of our hosts. To have care and warmth extended to you whilst you're abroad drowning in the ruins and beauty of Morocco, is absolutely paramount I discovered.
Marrakech itself is quite polarising in many beautiful and heart wrenching ways, so to have the tender hand of warmth and care extended to you throughout your stay, is absolutely essential.
From a body, mind and soul perspective, I have created an itinerary that reflects creativity, warmth, care, adventure and beauty in every outing, each stay and every last detail and I couldn't be more excited to take this next journey with you!
Are there payment plans?
Yes. You can pay an initial payment of 50% using the reservation link below to secure your place. At checkout, use the coupon code 'deposit' to only pay half now. The second and final 50% payment must be made on or before Friday, 14th of February 2020.
Do you offer refunds?
There are no refunds for this retreat due to the planning and logistics involved. When you register, be sure to know all you can about traveling to Morocco. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
What is our destination airport?
Book your flights to Marrakesh Menara International Airport. We recommend you book your flight time to arrive as close to midday local time as possible, so we can arrange transportation for you.
How much money should I bring for spending?
That is totally personal and depends on how much shopping you plan to do. ATM's are available and credit cards are taken at the major retailers. Also keep in mind, that most meals and drinks are covered in the retreat package.
Are all rooms shared?
We always strive to have some private, single occupancy rooms available, but book early as they sell very quickly! You can book your private single room at checkout.
I've never been to Morocco. Will I like it?
I ask you to approach this trip with a sense of adventure in your heart, along with the knowledge that I have prepared the most beautiful and inspiring stay for us all. This will be a journey for the mind, body and soul and we will be taking it, together!
Always feel free to do some research of your own on places to go and see whilst we're in the beautiful Marrakesh.
Spots are limited and this exclusive trip of a lifetime will sell out fast! If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me!
I cannot wait to share the sights and sounds of the magnificent Marrakesh with YOU!